Monday, February 26, 2007

Part Deux: La Clusaz...more snow!

Saturday night I chilled because I knew Sunday would be good. I woke to a rainy Geneva and actually a little head cold (going away....knock on wood) I was up early again, so I grabbed the gear and headed off to France. I was still TBD on the location, but I saw the exit for La Clusaz and said why not?
Geneva Temp:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Good old French tolls:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was raining cats and dogs on the way up to LC, but when I got to about 1000M it started to snow.
In the parking lot:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I geared up and was ready to go, but the lifts were not. Everything was on Avi and windhold. Pic time then...at the bottom..waiting:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After a few Avi shots and clearing it was on. The clouds started to clear and I was in for a surpise. I was on the 3 lift up and went into a winter wonderland.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The place was empty, so that made for some great first tracks!!! The snow had finally arrived in Euroland!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My tracks!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
More first tracks!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I kept lapping the top lift and had first tracks all over until 1ish when my body gave up. The head cold kicked in and it was time to leave...that was OK because IT IS STILL SNOWING!!!! This weekend looks like a great one and I plan to road trip with Ripzalot...Friday off, so here I come!!! I love this place!

No comments: