Sunday, February 04, 2007

I love skiing! Feb 2nd G3000

So it was back to the stomping grounds with TeleAl (Al), Ripzalot (Jay), and new addition Tom (Tom). I had been battling a cold all week but that was not going to stop me from getting my weekly CH ski recharge. After a very mellow Friday night were I got my skis mounted (fixation sur le ski SVP?) and watched The Godfather I woke to a somewhat cloudy day in Geneva...but I knew that the sun would be out up high. After meeting up with Jay and Tom at the Lavaux rest stop we headed up to Leysin to grab Al and off to G3. upon arrival it was another horrible day ;-)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It had not snowed for a week plus, but we were able to find the goods...again...this place rocks!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After the first lap on the right side of the Combe we headed left the second lap and the snow was much better.
Line off the top....nice and exposed on the left side to a 500M cliff...sorry Mom ;-)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The "crew":
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
TeleAl killing it in the soft areas!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After the 2nd lap we were stoked on the snow so it was time for a little different line. Al and I decided we would check out this couloir...as you can see a little rocky! Al showing his skills:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was my first day out on the Axxun BC, so I was stoked..I love them! EC in CH!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
On the 3rd lap it was time to test the skis in the air:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Favorite one of the day...nice work on the camera Jay!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The end of the day we were all exhausted and stoked from the great snow and sunshine. People are always complaining at work that there is no snow...I keep telling them there is NONE ;-) I arrived home that night thinking about how much being outside and skiing means to me..and how lucky I am to be here...I love life again....I never hated it, but I am in such a good 'place' mentally, physically, and emotional right now...I haven't been in this 'place' in such a long time. Thanks again everyone for the support! Talking about people who really supported me......here is my best friend and brother-from-another-mother Jay..... enjoying life again too! I miss you kid!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jay killing it EC style!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: