Saturday, February 24, 2007

Part 1: Courmayeur...SNOW!!!

So as most weekend start I left work on a mission for food and to figure out where I was going this weekend....as always with the best snow. I was in touch with Brian (See Vallee Blanche post) and after a few SMS messages Courmayeur, Italy was on the list for Saturday.

Friday night was a prep night as always, so I checked the weather and saw that it was going to storm...so I grabbed the yellow goggle lenses and got ready..lunch!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That evening I also grabbed my shopping for the next week...Mom you can see I am eating ok ;-):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I chilled in and watched Empire (not great) on DVD and awoke to a rain storm here in Geneva. That being said I knew that it must being snowing somewhere. I left Geneva and arrived in Cham around 8. The rain had stopped, but not a great day:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I contacted Brain and they were still chilling, so I headed to the Mont Blanc tunnel. I decided that it was more economical to buy a 10 passage pack...so I dropped the 100EUR and headed in:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In Cham it was not snowing, but I exited to this!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I hit up the 8:45 tram and was off into a winter wonderland...the last time I was in Cour was with Karen (my cutie)...we had a great time.....revisited:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I got to the first piste and it was on! SNOW!!!!! Inch an hour...at least.. 2nd lift!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I rocked it out for the first few hours, but Brian and another friend of mine Matias finally showed up. Waiting and still SNOWING!!!:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
B and M showed and so did the weather...clearing and snow...what more does a young growing boy want?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After a little exploring we were able to find some of the stashes...and they were capital G...GOOD!
Brian:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So the sun was coming out and the above tree line skiing was visible we headed up to the top of Youla. Getting ready:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Waiting for 80 year old lift ;-)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
80 year old lift:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was a cable car but only carried 30 max....I told Brian that I liked the lift because "I could feel the skiers for the past 50 years that rode this lift....they were doing the same thing...feeling the same things...doing it becasue they loved it!" I do this every weekend because I love it! G shreading the POW!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Friends!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Brian:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had skied from 9 to 3 non-stop, so it was time to call it a day. We headed back to Cham for a burger and some fries and talked about how good the day actually was....tomorrow looks like a repeat...so more to come!!!!!

No comments: