Sunday, February 11, 2007

Europe just rocks!!!!!

So it has been 11 days and counting with a bad cold, so on Thursday I had my first experience with the CH health system. I was having major sinus issues and was worried, so I found a MD that spoke enligh and headed off to the clinic. After a little check the MD asked for a chest X-ray, which was quick...and I mean I was in an out of the doctor with meds in no more than 30 minutes...not bad. After a day or two on the meds I was already feeling better, so it was off to the slopes for the weekend ritual. I hooked up with Ripz and Michel at Lavaux on a grey and not very nice day. We decided that Leysin was the pick of the day because snow was rolling in and G3 may actually close. Leysin is a cool spot, but the conditions were very EC....icey, grey, and not much snow.....but we had a good day anyways...how can you have a bad one...we are in the ALPS!!!
Michel:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So with the conditions not being that great we decided for an early end to the day.....all was not lost I had a nice cafe and soup at the base.
Cheers!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"No soup for you"......but there was!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Saturday night I chilled in Carouge and relaxed. Things were shaping up for the next day so I wanted to get some rest. I spoke with Rob and it was on for Sunday.Rob picked me up in Carouge Sunday morning to pouring rain....the outlook was not good. It was 3c and we weren't sure if the snow had come....but it did!!! We headed up to Les Contamines which is only about 1hr away. Upon arrival the temp had dropped and the snow had come.
First Gondie up!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
By the first turn I knew today was going to rock...the snow had come and the pow was finally in Europe! 20cm was on the ground and it was SNOWING.
Ohhhh...this is what snow looks like ;-)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We were stoked, but the vis was marginal at times. Let's go there!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
At times the vis was ZERO...and I mean ZERO..I couldn't see 3 feet in front of myself, but luckily this was not a glacier with big holes in it. After a no vis run god looked down and said "let there be light!"
Rob enjoying life:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Rob sheddin the pow:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The days was great and so was lunch. Rob and I grabbed some chairs and enjoyed the "spots" of sun. Life is good!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Shot of the day:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After a few more runs we called it a day, but it looked like the snow is still coming......WHOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I say this almost every weekend, but this place rocks. I am in love with skiing and the Alps. I am so lucky to live this life.

No comments: