Tuesday, January 02, 2007

X-Mas,Skiing, Food, New Year, and Swimming?....

After a little recovery from a little back pain brought on by my visit to Chamrousse, my parents arrived in Geneva on Christmas day. Inversion was occuring in Geneva so it was a wonderfully grey and ugly day. After a little chilling, present opening, and nap time for the travelers it was time to go see some sun...so up the the Jura!
Look Mom the alps!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After a little tourist action it was back into the fog to Carouge and a little feast...my first turkey!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The next day we awoke to another great Geneva December day, so it was off to the east of CH to find some sun. After a mellow morning we headed up to the Valais to Lavey. It was packed at the "bains", so we decided to check out Villars.
On the way up:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
BAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After a great trip up on of the great CH roads of all time (sorry mom)we arrived a Villars for a little "Vin Chaud" and crepes.
Great night view too!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The next day was most of the same in Geneva, so off we went again this time to Lyon in France. This place was cool with Roman ruins, cool shopping, and great architecture.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Friday arrived and it was time to chill in Geneva. Dad and I shopped in the AM while Mom checked out the shops in Carouge. That evening we went for some fondue. The next morning it was time for my parents to leave for Rome, so I dropped them off at the airport and headed to meet up with some friends on Avoriaz The snow was marginal, but overall a fun day.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Self pic skiing on the way back to the car:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The next day was New Years eve, so I chilled in the AM and prepared for some friends to come over. The night was chill and we had some cheese and cocktails. Overall a pretty relaxed eve.....but I did say something that night that I was never going to pass up....I was going to swim in Lake Geneva the next day! So the next day rolled around and here I was....
Getting ready:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hi Swans.....yes I am crazy:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A little diving:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Post swim:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The water was actually not that bad and I was excited that I followed through..another cool New Years day...! I actually found out that they do this in Holland and Boston
So now on to a few G items. 2006 is now gone and I would sum it up with one word "Shift." My life has change drastically and I have made it through...with some scars but I am here and doing my best everyday. Just a shift to a better space in my life... So in 2007 here are my goals and mantras:
1) Stay postive+
2) Continue to grow and be open
3) Do things that people say to you after...."are you serious"
4) Do things for me, but continue to be selfless
5) Live life and not an "existence"
6) Be in contact with my friends/family more
7) Visit 10 new countries
8) Cherish everyday for at least 1 reason
9) Just be
10) Ski...ski....and ski!
2007 is going to be a great year....I can feel it.....it will have it's ups and downs, but I will make it through. As always much love to my family and friends who were intregal in 2006...I look forward to a killer 2007!

No comments: