Thursday, January 11, 2007

Italy: Rome and Tuscany!

I left on a jet plan the morning of Jan 5th to reconnect with the 'rents' in Rome where they have been relaxing since they left Geneva. I arrived via Easy Jet ($50USD!) in the AM and headed to the village in Laurentina area.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The pad was great and so was the weather..around 60F. After a little coffee and pasterie at the local cafe we headed into Rome!
Key Note: Like my parents 25 years ago I lost/erased my pics(Oops!)..but dad had some cool backups!
Guess where?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
See I did take pictures ;-)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I made a wish too!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Overall I saw a great deal of the "sites" which were really cool! Triva fountain, Spanish steps, and a variety of other building, ruins, and the best the Pantheon!
(Picture pending for next visit!)
That night we headed into Trastevere and had a very nice meal. Trastevere is a very cool section of town and I plan to go back with the boys in the Spring!
The next day we woke up and after I got pissed because I was a cupcake and erased my pics I decided that I need to make up the pic lose and get more...so we decided that we should head to Vatican City so I could 1 of my 10 countries off the list for 2007 (see previous post)
One down!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After a short little adventure on the confusing streets of Rome we headed north towards Montepulciano and San Gimignano.
In Monte things were open and we stopped for some pics, wine, and food....very Italian.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After a little we headed to a great hotel in San Gimignano called the Sam Paulo...very nice and thanks mom and dad!
The next day was not as nice but a cool little town. We relaxed, ate, and bought some Cinghale(wild boar)!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That night I left for Florence and back to Geneva. I want to thank my parents for a great time...it was great seeing you...I miss you too! (Note: Get a place in Europe!) Love, G

No comments: