Monday, January 15, 2007

CH: Another weekend that makes me want to stay!

On Saturday morning I awoke bright eyed ready to meet Al and Jay @ G3000 for a little skiing. I spoke with Jay the night before and was advised that it rained down to 3000M, so I wasn't expecting much. I met Jay at the Lavaux rest stop at 8am, jumped into his car and headed to Al's. It was a bluebird day and we conversated about what-not on the way up. Jay is from Florida and has been living in CH for the past 7. On the way we contacted Al, who wasn't ready, so we headed to his flat in Leysin. Leysin is a cool little village that overlooks the Alps. Al was putting out the laundry on his porch as we arrived. After a little chilling we headed up the pass. I will let Jay explain the rest (Click TR)...TR Here are the pics:
Great views at G3:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Al:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A little snow dancing on a 2000M cliff!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lunch!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me putting the East Coast into CH:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had a blast and Jay and Al showed me the spots even though the conditions weren't that great. I cannot wait for the snow to come to G3. We ended the day with a beer at the "oldegg" and headed home.
The next day after a reasonably late night I decided to head up to the Saleve. I can see the Saleve from my flat, but have never been up there...all I can say is speechless!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Speechless!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Carouge!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I ended Sunday relaxed and recharged for the week ahead. I watched the sun go down and thanked my lucky stars I am alive and living in CH. Much love as always to my friends and family for the support.

No comments: