Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday in CH and France

This past weekend was a part party, part chilling. Friday night I didn't do very much after a week that was stressful at work and busy after. I went out two night during the week. One to a Geneva Online event and another with my friend Arthur. By Friday I was tired and needed to relax. I cooked and watched a movie.

Saturday I got up and early and went to the market to prepare for the nights festivities. My friends Paul, Pedro, and Visili were coming over for dinner and then we were going on a Pub Crawl with a crew from Geneva Online. I went to the "marche" in the AM and then went in search of lights and some gear. I ended up buying some rad lights from a small shop in Carouge. I really like them because I think they represent what is going on daily in everyone's live. The rest of the day I did a little shopping and started to prepare dinner.

Around 5:30 my friends showed up in Carouge and I prepared some steaks, homemade pesto pasta salad, and some fresh mozzarella and tomatoes. We proceeded to get our pre-crawl drink and eat on. After that we proceeded to go out and have a great time. The rules were a beer a bar, no shots, 10 bars, and 30 minutes per bar. The 30 minute rule was killed at the first bar, shots at the 2nd bar (we all got a round on the house), and we ended up going to only 6 bars and the last one was a "squat." Don't ask me what a squat is, but it like an empty apartment that someone set up a club/bar. So that was the night. Met some cool people and enjoyed my new friends company.

Sunday I awoke a little beat, but feeling pretty good. The day was perfect weather wise. 60 and Sunny...A real Fall day. I proceeded to chill in Carounge until about 2 and then headed to the Jura to see what the closest ski area looks like. As you will see it was a great drive! I went over the Jura and then proceeded to St. Claude and Montbrillant (a good name because it was). I spent the whole day doing short hikes/climb and seeing the landscape. This place is ridiculous....I guess the only thing I miss is the ocean.

Per my previous posts I feel better everyday I chill here. I can't wait for the winter and continuing to relax and see things I never thought I would. -GG (PICS TO COME!)

No comments: