Sunday, October 15, 2006

Another Weekend of Beers and Mtns......and a new car

Another reasonably busy week at work. Wednesday I went out with Rob and Paul to watch some football, but the rest of the week was mellow. Actually on Monday I got my new car (Subie power!!!) I'm actually pretty impressed with the whole package. Built well and drives great!

This weekend I chilled in on Friday night and Saturday did my normal chores and shopping. Spent some time in the city shopping and eating in the afternoon. In the evening I met up with Paul, Pedro, and a few other friends for dinner. This is one of the cheapest places in Geneva. You get half a chicken, fries, and salad for 13 CHF. ($10 USD) Food was good and then we proceeded to drink 6lt of Weiss beer at brassiere Moulard. There was a sindy (genevaonline.com) party that was in a church so we proceeded to drink and be merry!

I awoke on Sunday in good shape and decided to head to Les Get. In transit to Les Get I took an alternative route and ended up going to La Praz and Soemen (part of Grand Massif). I drove around, did a little hiking, saw the skiing cows (see pics) and relaxed. The scenery is absolutely fab! I am amazed everytime I take a drive. This place is ridiculous. I can't wait for winter!!! 2 weeks and counting until I head to Zermatt.

Overall I feel pretty good. A little mentally drained, but hanging in there. This week is going to be crazy hectito but next weekend a friend is coming to visit, so I look forward to that. -G+G

No comments: