Tuesday, December 23, 2008

...so will you marry me? (she said ????)

So the snow cycle continued to run it's course through CH, IT, and FR the crew, KK, and I headed to the little know resort of Champex-Lac. Over the week it had snowed, some say more, over 90CM (3feet!) This was the first day the resort opened for the season and we were there for the first lifts of the 08/09 season.
Al and Jay get first lift:
Photobucket
Everyone was there from the crew (Al, Jay, Tam, Tom, Fabien, Matt) but no one else!
Photobucket
We counted 20 people total and we were 8!
From the first run it was on...perfect snow and BIG smiles!
Photobucket
We're going there!
Photobucket
...where the deep snow is:
Photobucket
WOOOHOOO!!!
Matt:
Photobucket
Al:
Photobucket
KK:
Photobucket
Tom:
Photobucket
Jay:
Photobucket
GG:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Happy crew:
Photobucket
The day set up perfect. Friends, pow, snowing lightly, smiles, no people around...and I decided it was a perfect place to ask the big question:
Photobucket
...and she said YES!!! (I will give the long version to friends and fams when I see you next)
Photobucket
After the question popping:
Photobucket
We met back up with the crew and hugs and kisses followed!

We ended the day with a good bye to Champex and KK and I went to Sallion for a soak and up to Nendaz to relax for the night. Thanks to all my friends that made this day even more special. KK and I talked about this on the ride down the hill...you guys rock!

As I enter into another chapter of my life I know that I am blessed to have such a supportive, loving, caring person to join me along the way. -G

No comments: