Thursday, May 31, 2007

May 31st Ski Ski!!

So one of my goals this year was to ski every month for 1 year. I started last year in October, so I have skied 7 months so far...but the clock was ticking on May so I had to head and find snow. I left work today to find that it was pouring out...a great start right ;-) but that didn't stop me...I was on a mission. Orginally I was going to head to Col de la Columbiere but my naviagation wasn't to good so I got off at the Grand Massif/PDS exit. I thought there might be some snow at Avoriaz but when I got to Les Get it was not looking good and still pouring!! I drove through the town of Morzine and noticed a sign for a "Col" and I thought that would get me high quick and it did. The road is closed in the winter becasue it runs right through PDS:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The road was perfect...I was gaining altitude and fast. About mid way I was getting a little pesimistic about my chances because it was still raining and no snow....but wait...there is was a patch...and another..WOOOOHOOO!!! I kept driving until I got to the top of the hill which was actually the top of the lifts:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I took a pic or two, but it was raining, so I found a patch, put on the boots and skis and skied 4 turns! Proof!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It was in the woods and pretty much grass with some snow..LOL! This was a tough one, but I did it and I am wicked happy that I did. The trip was cool..I didn't come home and work....and I got to see more of France. Luckily Les Deux Alpes opens the end of June, so I can really ski again! G

No comments: